The Postgraduate Diploma program in Teaching Arabic to Non-native Speakers
Level: Postgraduate Students: 13 Faculties: 9
The Postgraduate Diploma
The department offers a graduate diploma in teaching Arabic to non-native speakers. At this program you will find opportunities to prepare for a meaningful and exciting career in the Arabic language teaching profession. Your education here will provide the skills and the foundation you need to work successfully in this interesting field. The program is divided into two levels, one semester each, throughout which the students attend 15 credit hours per week.
Successful completion of the program entitles the student to the Postgraduate Diploma in the Teaching of Arabic to non-native speakers; and all matters relevant to the grading system are subject to university rules and procedures.
- Provide students with theoretical background in modern theoretical and applied linguistics as well as applying its theories to the Arabic language.
- Improve students' Knowledge, experience and abilities in pedagogy and methods of teaching Arabic to non-native speakers.
- Prepare students for actual teaching of Arabic to non-native speakers.
- Provide students with the necessary skills in the preparation of teaching and lesson plans as well as the preparation and evaluation of language tests.
Admission requirements to postgraduate diploma program for preparing teachers of Arabic to non-native speakers are:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in Arabic, Education or Islamic Studies with a minimum grade of Very Good.
- The applicant must not be over 40 years old.
- Passing the written test and personal interview.
- Being physically fit and free from teaching obstacles.
- Being a teacher of the Arabic language to non-native speakers and attach certificate of experience
Master of Arts: in Teaching of Arabic to Speakers of Other Languages (TASOL)
- Providing highly qualified teachers to institutions interested in teaching Arabic to non-native speakers
- Deepening both theoretical and practical knowledge of modern applied linguistics and employing it in teaching Arabic to speakers of other languages.
- Promoting both practical and theoretical proficiency in teaching Arabic to speakers of other languages.
- Preparing language planning professionals who are able to develop suitable and workable programs.
- Providing prospective teachers with the knowledge and skills needed for language planning and preparation and evaluating language teaching materials.
In addition to all admission requirements stated in the unified list organizing higher studies in Saudi universities, and the requirements stated for the postgraduate diploma above, the department requires the following:
- Passing a written test and completing an interview.